Peristeen is a transanal irrigation device designed for patients with fecal incontinence and constipation. Peristeen reduces the possibility of involuntary bowel incontinence and/or constipation.
You may choose what time of day you want to irrigate, making it work with your schedule- and enhancing your quality of life. Peristeen is a portable and lightweight irrigation device that has been designed to make irrigation simple.
Peristeen works by inserting a rectal catheter into the intestine and injecting water into it. It’s done while sitting on the toilet. The water stimulates the gut muscles and washes out the feces, leaving the lower half empty. Peristeen is so effective in emptying the colon that it can prevent fecal incontinence and constipation for up to two days.
Peristeen is a viable option to conventional techniques of bowel control. It may be used alone or with help and allows you to choose when and where you wish to empty your bowel. In addition, it can help minimize the physical discomfort and concern that fecal incontinence and constipation bring when used regularly, whether daily or every other day.
What Does the Coloplast 29121 Contain?
Everything you need to irrigate your bowels is included in the Peristeen system. You can find the following within the coloplast 29121 peristeen system:
- A Travel Bag
- A control unit with a pump
- A water bag
- Rectal Catheter
- Two straps
Peristeen can be used by a broad spectrum of people, from children to adults; however, a complete evaluation by your doctor or nurse is required before starting on Peristeen. There are two sizes of rectal catheter available.
Efficient Product with Key Benefits
- The rectal catheter is pre-coated for easy insertion and is available in two sizes: tiny and large.
- The rectal catheter has a soft inflated balloon that lies inside the rectum during irrigation, eliminating the need to hold the catheter in position.
- The water bag is intended to stand on the floor and be readily moved. Therefore, there is no need to hang the water bag up high, making it accessible to individuals with limited mobility.
Benefits of Coloplast 29121- Peristeen Irrigation System
- Prevents fecal incontinence and constipation for up to 2 days
- Allows you to choose when to empty your bowels
- You may choose when you want to irrigate so that it matches your schedule.
- Enhances one’s quality of life
Peristeen Over Conservative Methods
Peristeen is a portable and lightweight device designed to make bowel irrigation simple. When compared to conventional bowel management, Peristeen substantially:
- Reduce constipation symptoms
- Reduce fecal diarrhea symptoms
- Enhance your symptom-related quality of living.
- Improve bowel function, impact on daily activities, general bodily health satisfaction, and life quality
- Reduce the amount of time you spend each day on bowel control.
Peristeen is an excellent alternative to other bowel control treatments that need the use of medicine because it simply requires water. It may be used alone or with help and allows you to choose when and where you wish to empty your bowel.
In addition, it can help lessen the physical discomfort and emotional concern that fecal incontinence and constipation can cause, making it easier to participate in work and social events.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions, and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of Credihealth and the editor(s).
Call +91 8010-994-994 and talk to Credihealth Medical Experts for FREE. Get assistance in choosing the right specialist doctor and clinic, compare treatment costs from various centers, and timely medical updates